Vacuum Epoxy Seal Overview:
Loctite EA 1C Epoxy adhesive is a resin designed to seal leaks on any high vacuum equipment.
LOCTITE® EA 1C™ is a general purpose adhesive and sealant that bonds, seals, and repairs a wide variety of materials including metals, most plastics, and wood.
Vacuum Epoxy Seal package Includes:
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
Applying Vacuum Epoxy Seal 1373425.
1. Bonding surfaces should be clean, dry, and free of contamination.
2. Once the adhesive is applied, the bonded parts should be held in contact until the part has developed handling strength (3 to 4 hours @ 25 °C) note: this can vary with different bond configurations. It is not necessary to clamp the parts unless movement during cure is likely.
1. Complete cure is obtained after 72 hours @ 25 °C. LOCTITE® EA 1C™ can also be fully cured with heat such as;
2 hours at a maximum temperature of 60 °C. 2. After 24 hours, approximately 90% of full cure properties are attained at room temperature.
3. This product can also be cured for 1 hour @ 82°C or 20 to 30 minutes @ 121°C. 4. Heat cures can be modified to achieve a desired degree of cure from handling strength to full cure.
1. It is important to clean up excess adhesive from the work area and application equipment before it hardens.
2. Denatured alcohol and many common industrial solvents are suitable for removing uncured adhesive.